There are 3 ways to vote in North Carolina.
Absentee by mail
- Request a ballot and have it mailed to you. Last day to request a ballot for the municipal election is Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
- Vote in the presence of 2 witnesses who are at least 18 or a Notary.
- Return the ballot by Election Day (Tuesday, November 7) or have the ballot post marked by November 7. If mailed, it must be received by Monday, November 13.
Learn more on our Absentee Voting page.
One-stop early voting
Voters may cast their ballot at any early voting site in their county prior to election day. Voters who missed the voter registration deadline can register and vote during early voting. Early voting for the municipal election begins on Thursday, October 19 and ends on Saturday, November 4.
Learn more on our One-Stop Voting page.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 7, 2023. On Election Day, the polls are open from 6:30 am until 7:30 pm. Voters must go to their assigned polling place.
Learn more on our Voting in Person page.
Before every election, we recommend you look up your voter record. On your voter record you can:
- Confirm you are registered to vote at your current address.
- View your sample ballot which you can print and mark with your choices to take with you to vote.
- Find your election day polling place.
Visit the State Board of Elections website to learn about accessible voting options for voters with disabilities.