Brunswick County Coronavirus Update (April 8, 2020)
- As of April 8, there are 29 positive cases of COVID-19, 87 pending test results and 734 confirmed negative test results, totaling 850 tests administered so far. Of the 29 positive cases, 16 are male and 13 are female; 18 are considered recovered cases and one is a death associated to COVID-19.
- Do not travel or encourage others to travel to and from Brunswick County during Easter weekend or the rest of April to prevent further spread of COVID-19 in our county and state.
- If you recently traveled to Brunswick County from another country, another state, or even another county in North Carolina, you need to take responsible, proactive measures to quarantine yourself and any fellow travelers now.
- Brunswick County government offices are closed this Friday to observe Good Friday. Friday trash and recycling collection will take place as usual.
- See a full list of food resources and programs available to those who need assistance in the full update (contact and/or applications/qualifications might be necessary).
- Stay at home unless you are visiting an essential service or operation (like visiting the grocery store, pharmacy, medical office, or work), exercising outdoors or helping a family member.
- Brunswick County requires individuals to contact county departments via phone or email first and to schedule appointments for in-person visits if necessary
Brunswick County Public Health Call Line and Email Information (Available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
NC Public Health Call Line (Open 24/7)
North Carolina 2-1-1 Program
- For COVID-19 questions, dial 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162
- Sign up for updates by texting COVIDNC to 898211
The County has information and resources for individuals, businesses and municipalities that need assistance via the follow webpages:
Brunswick County Schools Information/Updates