Brunswick County Floodplain Management
Welcome to Brunswick County Floodplain Management! We provide educational materials and building oversight in flood prone areas to ensure property owners take appropriate measures to help minimize the damage that flooding can cause during and after events. This website will provide helpful information whether you are a resident, building or buying. Our contact information is provided to further assist you.
- 75 Courthouse Drive (Building I)
- Open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Call 910-253-2054
- Email the Floodplain Administrator
Non-Encroachment Areas (NEAs) – For all contractors, surveyors and engineers; please consult this document for important information concerning Non-Encroachment Areas (NEA’s) as they relate to flood zone identification and the calculations necessary to determine how to correctly proceed with projects located in these highly restrictive development areas.
“Millions of Americans think they’re safe from flood waters. They aren’t” (USA Today, June 29, 2020)
View the Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance, look up your flood hazard zone, or learn about flood insurance.
REAL-TIME RIVER DATA
- Lockwood Folly
- Cape Fear River at Lock #1
- Cape Fear River at Southport
- Waccamaw River at Freeland, N.C. (Route 130)
- Caw Caw Swamp Near Carolina Shores
- Shallotte River at Main Street
- USGS Water dashboard for various data sets
COASTAL STORM SURGE MAPPING