County Contact Information & Virtual Services During Coronavirus Pandemic
Brunswick County is urging individuals to call or email all county departments for assistance first before visiting county offices and will require appointments for in-person visits beginning March 23, 2020.
Brunswick County offers a number of its services online already that individuals can access from the County’s website.
The County is asking individuals to call or email for assistance and to schedule in-person appointments to better practice social distancing and follow the guidelines set by the NC Department of Health and Human Services and the County’s Health and Human Services Department in response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Learn more about the novel coronavirus and the County’s response at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/coronavirus
Not sure who to contact? Call our main line and we can help direct your calls.
Main County Contact Information
- Phone: 910.253.2000 / 800.442.7033 / https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/
Board of Elections
- Contact Information:910.253.2620 / email@example.com
Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc.
- Contact Information: 910-754-2300 / www.bsrinc.org
All senior centers and sites are all closed to the public until further notice. Eligible seniors aged 60 or older can request home meal deliveries on Tuesdays and Thursdays (two hot and three frozen) through the Meals on Wheels program or RSVP for drive-through meal service on select days at a BSRI center/site if they have not already. Contact BSRI to learn more and sign up for either of these services. Find the latest updates at www.bsrinc.org
Curbside Meals at Centers for Ages 60+ (Mondays Only)
Time varies by center. New Participants Must RSVP.
- Calabash Center / 10050 Beach Dr. SW Calabash, NC 28467 / (910) 754-7427
Mondays from 11:30 am-12:30 pm
- Shallotte Center / 3620 Express Drive Shallotte NC, 28470 / (910) 754-2300
Mondays from 11:30 am-12:30 pm
- Supply Center / 101 Stone Chimney Drive Supply, NC 28462 / (910) 754-7604
Mondays from 11:30 am-12:30 pm
- Southport Center / 1513 N. Howe St., Ste. 1, Southport, NC 28461 / (910) 754-7109
Mondays from 12:30pm-1pm
- Leland Center / 121 Town Hall Drive NE / Leland, NC 28451 / (910) 754-2889
Mondays from 11:30 am-12:30 pm
Curbside Meals at Senior Sites for Ages 60+
Day & Time Varies by Site. New Participants Must RSVP
- Ash Site / 5859 Waccamaw School Road / Ash, NC 28420 (910) 754-2300
Tuesdays Only starting 4/14/2020
11:30 am-12:30 pm
- Boiling Spring Lakes Senior Site / Community Center Senior Site 1 Leeds Rd. Boiling Spring Lakes, NC 28461 / 910-363-0018
11:30 am-12:30 pm
Site managed by BSL Parks & Rec (Nutrition Program sponsored by BSRI)
Home Delivered Meals for Ages 60+
Tuesday and Thursday deliveries (2 hot and 3 frozen) / Must meet eligibility guidelines
New participants should call the case manager at the center closest to you.
- Calabash: René Tarquinio / (910) 754-6224 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leland: Sandy Porcaro / (910) 754-3658 / email@example.com
- Shallotte: Vikki Hine / (910) 754-5097 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southport: Casey Freed / (910) 754-4106 / email@example.com
- Supply: Tikila Morgan / (910) 754-8450 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Case Mgmt.: Jennifer Sherman / (910) 754-6297 / email@example.com
BSRI Food Pantry
By Delivery & Appt. Only for 60+
- Tammie Mullis, Shallotte Center, (910) 754-2300
- Mallory Balice, Leland Center, (910) 754-7701
- Jackie Knott, Southport Center, (910) 754-7109
The Cafeteria is currently closed until further notice.
Clerk to the Board of Commissioners
- Contact Information: 910.253.2017 / firstname.lastname@example.org
At this time, all Brunswick County Board of Commissioners regular meetings will take place as scheduled. The special Countywide Goal Workshop originally scheduled for Monday, March 16 at 1 p.m. and rescheduled for Monday, April 6 at 9 a.m. is now canceled.
Brunswick County is encouraging social distancing practices to reduce the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and protect our residents and team from the virus. Board of Commissioner meetings are open to the public however seating will be limited at all board meetings to adhere to the state mandate that mass gatherings do not exceed 50 people.
Brunswick County is monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will notify the public should it cancel or postpone a meeting through its website and Sunshine List email distribution list.
- Contact Information: 910.253.2021 / email@example.com
Code Administration is enacting precautionary procedures for the safety of staff and the general public. Beginning Monday March 23, all change out inspections that do not include mechanical gas inspections are required to be completed with remote video inspection. Contractors can call 910.253.2018 to schedule a time slot for inspection. For instructions on remote video inspections, go to https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/code-administration/remote-video-inspections-4/
Code Administration is operating on normal schedules for field inspections and the processing of permit applications. We encourage you to use the webpage for submitting applications and corresponding with CP tech by phone. Any changes to our processes will be posted by 4 p.m. for future business day operations at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/code-administration/
Individuals can pay for permits online or via a drop-box in the front of Building I for those who prefer not to use online payment services: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/code-administration/permits/
- Contact Information: 910.253.2200 / https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/planning/staff/
- To report a solid waste and zoning complaint, we encourage you to use the online report form: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/planning/violation/
Community Enforcement is available to assist for your solid waste and zoning enforcement needs. We encouraged you to reach out at 910.253.2200 to us for assistance remotely via phone, email, or online. Community Enforcement will accept in-person visits by appointment only.
- Contact Information: 910.253.2610 / https://brunswick.ces.ncsu.edu/
The State of North Carolina is limiting in-person interactions at NC Cooperative Extension centers for 60 days beginning March 23, 2020. Brunswick County Cooperative Extension staff continue to serve farmers, gardeners, youth, families, and community groups by phone, email, and video conference consultations. Please call, or contact us online to schedule an appointment.
County Attorney’s Office
- Contact Information: 910.253.2400
County Manager’s Office
- Contact Information: 910.253.2016 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Information: 910.253.5383 (non-emergency) / Call 9-1-1 for emergencies / email@example.com
- Contact Information: 910.253.2500 / firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Contact Information: 910.253.2150 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Information: 910.253.2070 / email@example.com
- Contact Information: 910.253.2562 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Information: 910.253.2041 (non-emergency) / Call 9-1-1 for emergencies / email@example.com
- Contact Information: 910.253.2046 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Information: 910.253.2390 / email@example.com
- Contact Information: 910.253.2250 / 888.428.4429 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Information: 910.253.2000 / email@example.com
- Library System main webpage: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/library/
- Harper Library (Southport): 457.6237 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rourk Library (Shallotte): 754.6578 / email@example.com
- Leland Library: 371.9442 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbee Library (Oak Island): 278.4283 / email@example.com
- Southwest Brunswick Branch Library (Carolina Shores): 575.0173 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The Brunswick County Library System is currently closed to the public until further notice. Library staff are still available to answer questions via phone and email during the closures and the County will waive any overdue fines during this time. Also, eBooks through Axis360 and kids’ eBooks through NC-Kids will be available as usual. Free Library Wi-Fi will remain online and is accessible from library parking lots in most cases for individuals who still need internet service. Individuals who visit library parking lots for Wi-Fi are urged to find safe spaces outside of their vehicles and to remain at least six feet from others at all times.
Individuals who have a Brunswick County library card have access to a number of virtual services. Contact your local library branch to see if you are eligible to apply for a library card over the phone or email.
Online eLearning Resources
- NC Learn at Home: This is a new website designed to gather online content and educational resources into one place for teachers, students, paretns and anyone needing enriching experiences.
- Biblioboard Open Access: This site has unlimited simultaneous use e-books.
- NC360: This site offers online tours of the state parks and historical places.
Parks & Recreation
All Brunswick County parks remain open to the public at their regularly scheduled hours: every day from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., with the exception of Brunswick Nature Park, which is always open from 8 a.m. to dusk.
To continue to maintain a high standard of cleanliness in our park facilities, restrooms will only be open to the public Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning Thursday, March 26. This adjusted time frame will give our team more time to clean the restrooms based on our advanced disinfection/sterilization protocol in response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
As a reminder, all park visitors need to practice social distancing (approximately six feet between you and others) and cannot gather in groups—including children, teenagers, and young adults. These measures are necessary to keep each other as safe as possible. The County will continue to monitor the parks to ensure compliance with state mandates and guidelines.
- Contact Information: 910.253.2025 or a team member: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/planning/staff/
Planning is available to assist for your planning and zoning-related needs. We encouraged you to reach out at 910.253.2025 to us for assistance remotely via phone, email, or online. Planning will accept in-person visits by appointment only.
For the processing of permit applications, we encourage you to use the Code Administration Webpage for submitting permit applications: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/code-administration/permits/
- Contact Information: 910.253.2222 / email@example.com
- Contact Information: 910.253.2995 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Utilities (Administration)
- Contact Information: 910.253.2657, option 1 / email@example.com
Register of Deeds
- Contact Information: 253.2690 / Toll-free: 877.625.9310 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Record searches and vital records certified copy requests are available online at http://brunswick-live.inttek.net/
- Electronic recording is available through Internet Technologies, Inc. at https://erecording.inttek.net
- Contact Information: 910.253.2777 (non-emergency) / Call 9-1-1 for emergencies / http://www.brunswicksheriff.com/
- Contact Information: 910.253.2077 / email@example.com
- Please do not email reports of abuse or neglect.
- If you need to make a CPS or APS report, please call 910.253.2077 during business hours. After Hours call 9-1-1 and ask to speak to the on call social worker.
Soil & Water Conservation District
- Contact Information: 910.253.2832 / Mamie.Caison@nc.nacdnet.net
Solid Waste & Recycling
- Collection day information and to contact Waste Industries: 910.253.4177
- For further assistance: 910.253.2520 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Information: 910.253.2829 / 800.527.9001 / email@example.com
- Property record cards and collections information: https://tax.brunsco.net/itsnet/
- Tax payment options: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/tax-office/payment/
- Contact Information: 910.253.2657, option 2 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing address: Utility Billing / P.O. Box 469 / Bolivia, NC 28422s
- Pay your water and sewer bill online at https://brunswick.authoritypay.com/
- How to pay your capital recover fees, tap and meter fees online: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/utilities/utility-billing/pay-fees/
If you have internet, phone or email access, you can conduct all your utility service business virtually. We encourage you to visit our website to learn more to avoid in-person visits at our utility customer service center and better protect yourself and our team members through social distancing.
If you do not have internet access or have difficulty navigating our website, contact our staff via phone or email first so we can assist you and assess if an in-person visit is necessary.
Individuals can apply for utility services online using email or via mail. You can also contact us if you need to disconnect your service or make changes to your account. Full details and links to download applications are at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/utilities/utility-billing/application/
You can also pay bills and fees online 24 hours a day every day, mail in payments, or place payments in our drop-box in front of Building I.
Our utility customer service team members are available over phone to answer questions and assist you with payments through our automated services Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our team members will also respond to emails during office hours.
More information and links to these services are at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/utilities/utility-billing/
- Contact Information: 910.253.2233
- Also: The VA has set up an extensive Frequently Asked Questions page with information for vets on appointments, medical procedures, benefits claims and more. The page is regularly updated as the outbreak continues.
Updates from Our Partners in Response to Coronavirus
Brunswick County Schools
- Updates on Coronavirus Impacts on Brunswick County Schools
- Online Educational Resources/Video Tutorials
Brunswick County Courthouse
In an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, Courthouse hours have been reduced to 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. beginning Monday, April 6.
The Courthouse urges you to visit their website at www.nccourts.org or call 810-253-3900 prior to visiting as most business can be handled over the phone or by mail.
- Contact Information: (910) 253-3900 / Brunswick County Courthouse Website
- Filings can be mailed to: Clerk of Court / 310 Government Center Dr, Unit 1 / Bolivia NC 28422
- NC Courts Coronavirus Updates
Brunswick Community College
- Online coronavirus assessment tool found at https://coronavirus.novanthealth.org/
- 24/7 helpline for patients are experiencing symptoms and have questions on how to best seek care: 877-499-1697 or 877-9NOVANT