The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends everyone six months and older receive an annual flu vaccine with rare exceptions. Vaccination is particularly important for people who are at higher risk of serious complications from the flu. Brunswick County Health Services will offer both regular flu vaccines and the high-dose version of the vaccine, which is recommended for people 65 years and older. Below are two ways we are offering regular flu vaccine and the high-dose version of the vaccine which is recommended for people 65 years and older.
FLU/COVID Information Line
Pop-up Flu Vaccines and/or COVID-19 Boosters Clinics
Pop-up flu vaccine and COVID-19 booster clinics are scheduled at Indian Trail Meeting Hall in Southport on Oct. 6 and Oct. 28, inside Town Creek Park Community Building in Winnabow on Oct. 10, Oct. 17, and Oct. 24, and inside Waccamaw Park Community Building in Ash on Oct. 26. For more details, click here.
Making An Appointment
- Make your appointment online. OR
- Call 910-253-2339 for more information and/or to make an appointment.
What to Bring
- Photo ID and insurance cards, if available. Health Services accepts cash, checks, Medicaid, Medicare, and most major insurance. If you are unsure about your insurance, call 910.253.2354 for assistance.
- It is not required, but for convenience individuals can print, complete, and bring the following forms to their appointment: Flu Vaccine Administration Form 65 years and older OR Flu Vaccine Administration Form 6 months-64 years Paper forms will be available at the clinics.
- Face covering. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Health Services will require all participants to wear a face covering when visiting the clinic.
*If you need curbside assistance, please have someone with you who can come to one of the vaccination staff on site to let them know you are there and that you need curbside assistance. This will allow staff to make the arrangements needed to register you and vaccinate you via curbside service.
LATEST FLU UPDATES IN BRUNSWICK COUNTY
Brunswick County Health Services is offering two pop-up flu shot clinics at Indian Trail Meeting Hall in Southport, three clinics at Town Creek Park Community Building in Winnabow, and one clinic at Waccamaw Park Community Building in Ash this October for anyone aged 6 months and up. Updated boosters of the COVID-19 vaccine will also be available to eligible community members aged 12 years and older at these clinics.
Flu shots at Brunswick County Schools set for October We are pleased to announce Brunswick County Health Services in conjunction with Brunswick County Schools will be offering in-school flu shots during the month of October. Flu vaccination is recommended for...