Patient Rights and Concerns
As a patient enrolled in a program or receiving a service through Brunswick County Health Services, you have rights, including the right to ask questions and to address concerns you may have.
You have the right to:
- Be treated with dignity and respect at all times.
- Ask questions about your services or programs.
- Ask questions about medical care you are or might receive, or any test/lab results.
- Request a different health care provider.
- Understand why you may not qualify for a service or program.
- Privacy in accordance with HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), and to understand how these laws affect you.
- Address concerns about your services, programs or treatment.
If you have such a concern, it is often helpful to first try to address it with your care provider or a direct supervisor familiar with your case. If you still have concerns, you may contact HIPAA Privacy Officer Barbara Jackson at (910) 253-2284.
To view Brunswick County Local Government’s Notice of Privacy Practices, please click here.