Here’s what you missed at the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners’ Aug. 19 meeting
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners met for their regular meeting this past Monday, Aug. 19 at 6 p.m. Here’s a quick recap of the actions taken on a few selected items from the agenda.
The Board of Commissioners will review and make a motion to accept the official minutes from the Aug. 19 at a later meeting. Once approved, the county clerk will post them online at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/clerk/agendas/
- Utilities – Northwest Water Treatment Plant Design Status Update: The Board of Commissioners received a status update on the Northwest Water Treatment Plant Design.
VII. Public Hearing
- Planning – Brunswick County Agricultural Development Plan: Following a public hearing, the Board of Commissioners adopted the Brunswick County Agricultural Development Plan with a 5-0 vote.
- Planning – Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance Proposed 2019 Refinements: Following a public hearing, the Board of Commissioners unanimously approved amendments to the Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance with the Proposed 2019 Refinements (UDO-19-02) with a 5-0 vote.
VIII. Administrative Report
- Sheriff’s Office/Detention Center – Reallocation of Capital Outlay Equipment Funds, Reorganization of Detention Supervisors: The Board of Commissioners approved the reallocation of capital-outlay equipment funds and the reorganization of the Detention Center supervisor structure with a 4-1 vote, with Commissioner Pat Sykes voting no.
- Operation Services – Disaster Debris Planning and Support Management: The Board of Commissioners awarded the primary disaster debris planning and support management contract to Tetra Tech and the secondary disaster debris planning and support management contract to Thompson Consulting with a 5-0 vote.
- Planning – Holden Beach Transportation Corridor Study Steering Committee: The Board of Commissioners approved the establishment of the Holden Beach Transportation Corridor Study Steering Committee and designated Commissioner J. Martin Cooke as the Board’s representative on the committee with a 5-0 vote.
The next regular Board of Commissioners meeting is scheduled for Monday, Sept. 16 at 6 p.m.
To view the full agenda items and accompanying reports, go to https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/clerk/agendas/
More information about the Board of Commissioners meetings is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/faq/
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at (910) 253-2995 or email email@example.com