Here’s what you missed at the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners’ Nov. 18 meeting
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners met for their regular meeting Monday, Nov. 18 at 6 p.m. Here’s a quick recap of the actions taken on a few selected items from the agenda.
The Board of Commissioners will review and make a motion to accept the official minutes from the Nov. 18 meeting at a later meeting. Once approved, the county clerk will post them online at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
III. Adjustments/Approval of Agenda
- 2. Planning – Z-781 (Removed from VIII. Administrative Report): This item was removed from the agenda as the rezoning request was withdrawn by the applicant.
VII. Public Hearing
- 1. Code Administration – FEMA Flood Insurance Study (FIS) and Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) Approved by FEMA: Following the public hearing, the Board of Commissioners approved 5-0 the first and second readings of the FEMA Flood Insurance Study (FIS) and associated Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) and adopted the FIS and FIRMs effective Dec. 6, 2019, as required to remain in good standing with the NFIP.
- 2. Planning – Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance Proposed Flood Damage Prevention Text Amendments: Following the public hearing, the Board of Commissioners approved 5-0 the proposed text amendments related to flood damage prevention to the Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance.
- 3. Planning – Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance Proposed Rezoning Text Amendments: Following the public hearing, the Board of Commissioners approved 5-0 the proposed text amendments related to Session Law 2019-99 (House Bill 237) to the Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance. The approved text amendments will allow the Planning Board to grant final approval for rezonings with a provision that any person with standing may appeal the Planning Board’s decision by written notice to the county manager within 15 days of the decision and the decision is final if no appeal is presented in the 15-day timeframe.
- 4. Planning – Z-785: Following the public hearing, the Board of Commissioners approved 5-0 the proposed amendments the Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance. The amendments will rezone tax parcel 234AB020 from C-LD (Commercial Low Density) to R-6000 (High Density Residential) to allow for residential use.
VIII. Administrative Report
- 1. Administration – Request for Supplemental Funding for WAVE Brunswick Connector Route: The Board of Commissioners moved 5-0 to table the discussion until the Board’s Dec. 16 meeting to gather more information. Staff was directed to prepare a letter to the Cape Fear Transportation Authority for consideration at the Board’s Dec. 2 meeting to request that Brunswick County be considered for at least one seat on the authority’s board.
- 3. Utilities – AWIA Professional Services Agreement CDM Smith and Associated Budget Amendment: The Board of Commissioners approved 5-0 a budget amendment and authorized the chairman to execute the sole services agreement with CDM Smith for the generation and certification of the required documents necessary to satisfy the American Water Infrastructure Act of 2018.
The next regular Board of Commissioners meeting is scheduled for Monday, Dec. 2 at 3 p.m.
To view the full agenda items and accompanying reports, go to https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/ agendas/
More information about the Board of Commissioners meetings is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/faq/
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at 910.253.2995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org