Here’s what you missed at the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners’ Oct. 21 meeting
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners met for their regular meeting this past Monday, Oct. 21 at 6 p.m. Here’s a quick recap of the actions taken on a few selected items from the agenda.
The Board of Commissioners will review and make a motion to accept the official minutes from the Oct. 21 meeting at a later meeting. Once approved, the county clerk will post them online at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
VII. Public Hearing
- Code Administration – Brunswick County Fire Prevention Ordinance: The Board of Commissioners approved and adopted 5-0 the Brunswick County Fire Prevention Ordinance.
- Planning – Z-781: Following the public hearing, the Board of Commissioners made a motion to table this item for a future meeting. This item considers amending the Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance Map from C-I (Commercial Intensive) to SBR-6000 (High Density Site Built Residential). The proposed rezoning is located directly adjacent to the Hearthstone Subdivision, the Lanvale Forest Subdivision, and a railroad line used by the Military Ocean Terminal Sunny Point (MOTSU).
- Planning – Z-782: Following the public hearing, the Board of Commissioners approved a motion 5-0 to send the item back to the Planning Board for review. This item considers amending the Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance Map from R-6000 (High-Density Residential) to MR-3200 (Multifamily Residential). This rezoning is approximately 16.64 acres located on Old Fayetteville Road NE (SR 1437) across from Clancy Drive NE.
- Planning – Z-783: Following the public hearing, the Board of Commissioners approved 5-0 an amendment to the Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance Map from RR (Rural Low Density Residential) to C-LD (Commercial Low Density) with an associated CAMA Land Use Plan Map Amendment from LDR (Low Density Residential) to Commercial. This item rezones tax parcels 05700065, 05700067 and 0460001007 to allow for commercial uses. This rezoning totals approximately 85.18 acres.
- Planning – Z-784: Following the public hearing, the Board of Commissioners approved 5-0 an amendment to the Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance Map from Undesignated, R-6000 (High Density Residential), and C-LD (Commercial Low Density) to C-LD (Commercial Low Density). This case proposes a rezoning change that will allow for commercial uses on tax parcels 233EF00101 and 233EF003. Planning staff initiated the rezoning to designate a zoning district for a parcel that was undesignated.
VIII. Administrative Report
- Administration – Lockwood Folly Inlet Dredging Project: The Board of Commissioners approved 5-0 an item to authorize the transfer of $149,903 to the North Carolina Division of Water Resources as the required local match for a project to dredge the navigation channel at the Lockwood Folly Inlet.
- Engineering – Ash-Waccamaw Multiuse Building Architectural Design Services Contract: The Board of Commissioners approved 5-0 the architectural professional services contract with Sawyer Sherwood and Associate Architecture for the Ash-Waccamaw Multiuse Building in the amount of $297,500.
The next regular Board of Commissioners meeting is scheduled for Monday, Nov. 4 at 3 p.m.
To view the full agenda items and accompanying reports, go to https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/ agendas/
More information about the Board of Commissioners meetings is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/faq/
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com