Brunswick County Coronavirus Update (March 29, 2020)
- As of March 29, there are 12 positive cases of COVID-19, 309 pending test results, and 219 confirmed negative test results in Brunswick County, totaling 540 administered tests so far.
- The CDC urges residents of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut to refrain from non-essential domestic travel for 14 days effective immediately. This Domestic Travel Advisory does not apply to employees of critical infrastructure industries, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security.
- Travelers returning after domestic travel from areas with widespread community transmission, cruise ships, riverboats, or by air travel should self-quarantine at home for 14 days after returning.
- Governor Cooper’s Executive Order No. 121 takes effect on Monday, March 30 at 5 p.m. and orders people in the state to stay at home for thirty days and reduces the size of gatherings to no more than 10 people. The Order provides for essential businesses to continue to operate while prioritizing social distancing measures.
- For people who think they might have COVID-19 and have mild symptoms, the CDC now recommends they stay home and call their doctor for medical advice. Most people who get COVID-19 will have mild illness and recover at home. Download: COVID-19: What to Do If You Feel Sick (PDF)
- Brunswick County now requires individuals to contact county departments via phone or email first and to schedule appointments for in-person visits if necessary to support social distancing for our residents and team members.
- Testing is available in Brunswick County; if you suspect you have coronavirus symptoms, contact your primary medical provider first to determine if your symptoms warrant a test and if they provide tests; contact Public Health if you need assistance locating a provider to test.
Brunswick County Public Health Call Line and Email Information (Available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
NC Public Health Call Line (Open 24/7)
North Carolina 2-1-1 Program
- For COVID-19 questions, dial 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162
- Sign up for updates by texting COVIDNC to 898211
The County has information and resources for individuals, businesses and municipalities that need assistance via the follow webpages:
Brunswick County Schools Information/Updates