Ash/Waccamaw Multi-Use Building
INVITATION TO BID
Sealed bids will be received until 3:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, June 22, 2023, in the Code Administration Conference room, Building “I”, located at 75 Courthouse Drive NE at the Brunswick County Government Complex in Bolivia, NC for the construction of: Ash/Waccamaw Multi-Use Building and shortly thereafter the bids will be opened publicly and read aloud. The contract shall be Single Prime. A general description of the work includes:
- * Project includes a new 11,000 sf multi-use building with space for Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc., EMS, and Sheriff.
- * Sitework construction including drives, parking lots, stormwater improvements, utility connections, on-site septic system, and landscaping.
- * The building construction consists of a structural steel frame, slab on grade, metal stud walls with brick and metal veneer, single ply membrane and metal roofing, full plumbing, mechanical, and electrical. The foregoing description shall not be construed as a complete description of all work required.
Pre-Bid Meeting: An open pre-bid meeting will be held for all interested bidders and vendors on June 1, 2023, at 3:00 P.M. Directions are as follows: From Wilmington follow US 17 toward Supply. Turn towards Supply. Turn left onto Old Ocean Hwy (Old 17) and continue through Bolivia to the Brunswick County Government Complex on the right on Old Ocean Highway. Building I is directly behind the David R. Sandifer Administration Building.
Site Visitation: Inspection of the proposed construction site is allowed outside of the pre-bid meeting at any time without notification to the county.
Paper copies of the Contract Documents will be issued by the architect, as set forth in the Notice to Bidders, following receipt of a refundable bid set deposit in the amount of $250.00. Returned bid sets must be complete and in good condition.
Digital copies can also be obtained by contacting the architect.
Partial sets of the Contract Documents will not be issued.
The Contract Documents may be examined at the following locations:
- * Digital Plan Room online at ConstructConnect
- * Brunswick County Director of Engineering. 75 Courthouse Dr, Bldg. I, Bolivia, NC 28422
- * Sawyer Sherwood & Associate Architects. 124 Market Street, Wilmington, NC 28401
Brunswick County reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all bids and to waive informalities or technical defects. Brunswick County further reserves the right to amend the Scope of Work and request new bids at any time prior to the award of contract. Brunswick County further reserves the right to cancel the work described herein prior to issuance and acceptance of any contractual agreement even if the Board of Commissioners has formally accepted the recommendation. All decisions of Brunswick County shall be final and binding.
A 5% bid bond or deposit is required. Payment and Performance Bonds are required once the work is awarded to the selected bidder. Brunswick County has implemented a Minority Business Enterprise Policy that requires contractors to exhibit a good-faith effort to contact minority business subcontractors whose work on the project would represent 10% of the total value of the work. Contractors must be properly licensed. Additional instruction to bidders are included in the Contract Documents.