Click Here for Supporting Document
Brunswick County is soliciting bids for the FY16 Water System Improvement Project – Contracts C & D
Sealed proposals will be received until 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 16, 2023, in the Brunswick County Engineering Services, 75 Courthouse Drive, Building I, Bolivia, NC 28422, Brunswick County Government Complex in Bolivia, NC, for the construction of: FY 16 WATER SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT PROJECT – CONTRACTS C & D. Shortly thereafter, the bids will be opened publicly and read aloud. The contract shall be Single Prime. A general description of the work includes:
- Approximately 35,000 lf of 12”, 2,700 of 8”, 12,000 of 6” C900 DR18 PVC waterline
- 4,000 lf 16” C905 Class 235 PVC
- 1,200 lf of 2” SDR21 PVC waterline
- 6”, 8” and 12” CL52 DIP waterline
- 12”, 16”, and 24” steel casing by bore & jack
- three (3) directional drills, hydrants, valves, fittings, services and all other appurtenances.
The foregoing description shall not be construed as a complete description of all work required.
Pre-Bid Meeting: An open non-mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held for all interested bidders and vendors at 3:00 on Thursday, February 16, 2023, in the Brunswick County Engineering Conference Room, 75 Courthouse Drive, Bolivia, NC 28422. Directions are as follows: From Wilmington follow US 17 toward Bolivia, turn left onto Old US 17 Business heading south. Approx. 2.16 miles turn right into the Brunswick County Government Complex, Engineering is located in Building I.
Site Visitation: Individual inspection of the proposed construction site may be allowed only by approval of Brunswick County. Telephone the contact person noted below in order to schedule a visit.
Copies of the Contract Documents may be purchased for $400.00 at the following location after February 3, 2023 (cash or check/money order payable to East Coast Engineering, PC):
Contact: Sabrina B. Babson – EAST COAST ENGINEERING, PC
Telephone: (910) 754-8049
Mail: East Coast Engineering, PC Physical: East Coast Engineering, PC
Post Office Box 2469 4918 Main Street
Shallotte, North Carolina 28459 Shallotte, North Carolina 28470
No refund for any Contract Documents shall be made and no partial sets of the Contract Documents will be issued. The Contract Documents may be examined at the following locations:
• Carolinas A.G.C. Digital Plan Room online Home (cagc.org) on IBuild®
• CDC News Office online www.cdcnews.com
• McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Digital Plan Room online Dodge Data and Analytics | Construction Projects and Bidding
• Construction Market Data online CMD Group by ConstructConnect
• Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas online HCAC (hcacarolinas.org)
• Brunswick County Engineering Services (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. business days)
• East Coast Engineering, PC, 4918 Main Street, Shallotte, NC
Brunswick County reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all proposals. A 5% bid bond or deposit is required. Brunswick County has implemented a Minority Business Enterprise Policy that requires Contractors to exhibit a good-faith effort to contact minority business subcontractors whose work on the project would represent 10% of the total value of the work. Contractors must be properly licensed. Additional instructions to bidders are included in the Contract Documents. bidders are included in the Contract Documents.