Sealed proposals will be received until 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 15, 2020, in the Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center in Supply, NC, for the construction of: Shallotte Transmission Water Line and shortly thereafter the bids will be opened publicly and read aloud. The contract shall be Single Prime. A general description of the work includes:
Provide all labor, materials, and incidentals for the installation of the Shallotte Transmission Water Line which includes (but not limited to): Approximately 26,000 linear feet of 24” waterline including fittings, directional drills, bore and jacks, service laterals, and appurtenances including all stormwater, erosion control, and clearing and grading required in the interconnection of this waterline. There are 5 interconnections at the following locations:
- The first location is near Brunswick County Booster Pump #6 on SR 1720 (Washington Rd.)
- The second location is near Brunswick County Booster Pump #6 on SR 1720 (Washington Rd.)
- The third connection point will be within an existing Brunswick County Public Utilities easement off US 17 (Ocean Hwy.)
- The fourth connection point will be at the intersection of SR 1357 (Smith Ave.) and SR 1362 (Bailey Street)
- The final connection point will be near the eastern intersection of US 17 (Ocean Hwy.) and US 17 Business (Main Street)
The foregoing description shall not be construed as a complete description of all work required.
Pre-Bid Meeting: An open pre-bid meeting will be held for all interested bidders and vendors on Thursday, September 24, 2020, at 3:00 p.m., at the Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center, 250 Grey Water Road NE, Supply, NC. Directions are as follows: From Wilmington follow US 17 toward Supply. Turn right onto Hwy. 211 heading toward Bolton. Turn right onto Grey Water Road in approximately one mile (beside athletic park). Utilities Operations Center is on right.
Site Visitation: Individual inspection of the proposed construction site may be allowed only by approval of Brunswick County. Telephone the contact person noted below in order to schedule a visit.
Hard Copies of the Contract Documents may be purchased for $150.00 at the following location after September 9, 2020 (cash or check/money order payable to Cape Fear Engineering). Electronic Copies of the Documents can be obtained at no cost by sending an email to Cape Fear Engineering:
Contact: Julie Wilson
Telephone: (910) 383-1044
Cape Fear Engineering, Inc.
151 Poole Road, Suite 100
Belville, NC 28451
No refund for any Contract Documents shall be made and no partial sets of the Contract Documents will be issued. The Contract Documents may be examined at the following locations:
- Carolinas A.G.C. Digital Plan Room online www.cagc.org on IBuild®
- CDC News Office online www.cdcnews.com
- McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Digital Plan Room online www.dodge.construction.com
- Construction Market Data online www.cmdgroup.com
- Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas online www.hcacarolinas.org
- Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center (8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. business days)
- Cape Fear Engineering, Inc. (Mon.-Thurs. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Fri. 8 a.m. – 12 noon)
Brunswick County reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all proposals. A 5% bid bond or deposit is required. Brunswick County has implemented a Minority Business Enterprise Policy that requires Contractors to exhibit a good-faith effort to contact minority business subcontractors whose work on the project would represent 10% of the total value of the work. Contractors must be properly licensed. Additional instructions to bidders are included in the Contract Documents.