Sealed proposals will be received until 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 18, 2019 (SEE ADDENDUM NO. 2 BID DATE CHANGED FROM March 28, 2019), in the Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center in Supply, NC, for the construction of: West Brunswick Regional Water Reclamation Facilities – Reclaimed Water High-Rate Infiltration – Clemmons Tract. Shortly thereafter the bids will be opened publicly and read aloud. The contract shall be Single Prime. A general description of the work includes:
- Clearing, grubbing, and E & S control.
- Earthwork for two high-rate infiltration basins.
- Underdrain system, outfall sewer, and outfall structure.
- 10” PVC force main.
- Precast concrete manholes and valve/meter vaults.
- Electrical power, lighting, and controls.
Pre-Bid Meeting: An open pre-bid meeting will be held for all interested bidders and vendors at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 14, 2019, in the Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center in Supply, NC. Directions are as follows: From Wilmington follow US 17 south towards Supply. Turn right onto Hwy. 211 heading towards Bolton. In approximately one mile turn right onto Grey Water Road. The Utilities Operations Center is on right at the end of Grey Water Road.
Site Visitation: Individual inspection of the proposed construction site may be allowed only by approval of Brunswick County. Telephone Bob Tweedy (910) 253-2680 to schedule a visit.
Copies of the Contract Documents may be purchased for a non-refundable fee of $150.00 at the following location after February 27, 2019 (cash or check/money order payable to George Finch/Boney and Associates, PA):
George Finch/Boney and Associates, PA Contact: G. Robert Graham, PE
309 North Boylan Avenue Telephone: 919-833-1212
Raleigh NC 27603-1402
No refund for any Contract Documents shall be made and no partial sets of the Contract Documents will be issued. The Contract Documents may be examined at the following locations:
- George Finch/Boney and Associates, PA
- Carolinas A.G.C. Digital Plan Room online www.cagc.org on IBuild®
- CDC News Office online www.cdcnews.com
- McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Digital Plan Room online www.dodge.construction.com
- Construction Market Data online www.cmdgroup.com
- Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas online www.hcacarolinas.org
- Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. business days)
Brunswick County reserves the unqualified right to reject any or all proposals. A 5% bid bond or deposit is required. Brunswick County has implemented a Minority Business Enterprise Policy that requires Contractors to exhibit a good-faith effort to contact minority business subcontractors whose work on the project would represent 10% of the total value of the work. Contractors must be properly licensed. Additional instructions to bidders are included in the Contract Documents.Addendum No. 1 WBR High-Rate Infiltration Clemmons Tract