INVITATION TO PREQUALIFY AND BID
Sealed Prequalification Applications will be received December 5, 2019 in the office of the Brunswick County Engineering Department for the construction of: Brunswick County Courthouse Addition & Renovation Project. Applications received after the designated time will not be accepted. The contract shall be Single Prime. A general description of the work includes:
- Construction of a three story, 15,000 SF addition as well as renovations of the existing 102,450 SF courthouse. The addition construction includes auger cast pile foundations, concrete floors on structural steel frame, composite deck, open web joist roof framing on structural steel. Exterior shear walls are reinforced masonry with other exterior walls and all interior framing being light gauge steel stud framing. Existing building renovations will replace several precast concrete exterior wall panels with cast in place concrete shear walls having openings to access the addition. Interior renovations will enlarge courtrooms and accommodate offices supporting the courts.
Pre-Bid Meeting: An open pre-bid meeting will be held for all prequalified bidders and vendors at the Brunswick County Engineering Department at a date and time to be determined later. Directions are as follows: From Wilmington follow US 17 towards Supply. Turn left onto Old Ocean Highway and procced to the County Government Complex just past Galloway Road NE on the right. County Engineering is located within Building I directly behind the County Administration Building.
Bid Submittal: Sealed bids will be received at a date and time to be determined later in the office of the Brunswick County Engineering Department from approved, prequalified contractors. Adjustments to the bid date and time shall be by addendum sent to approved, prequalified bidders.
Copies of the Prequalification Application and preliminary Construction Documents shall be available at the following location after November 11, 2019
Contact: John Sawyer, AIA Sawyer Sherwood & Associate Architecture
Telephone: (910) 762-0892 124 Market Street
Email: John @S2A3.com Wilmington, NC 28401
The Prequalification Application is also available at the following locations during normal business hours:
- Carolinas A.G.C. Digital Plan Room online www.cagc.org on IBuild®
- CDC News Office online www.cdcnews.com
- McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Digital Plan Room online dodge.construction.com/plans
- Brunswick County Engineering, 75 Courthouse Drive, Bldg. I, Bolivia, North Carolina
Brunswick County reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all bid proposals. A 5% bid bond or deposit is required with the bid only. Brunswick County has implemented a Minority Business Enterprise Policy that requires contractors to exhibit a good-faith effort during the bid phase to contact minority business subcontractors whose work on the project would represent 10% of the total value of the work. Contractors must be properly licensed. Additional instructions to bidders shall be included in the Contract Documents. Bonds and MBE documentation are not required with the Prequalification Application.