Sealed Prequalification Applications will be received until 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 27, 2019, in the office of the Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center for the construction of: Northeast Brunswick Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant 2.5 MGD Expansion. Applications received after the designated time will not be accepted. The contract shall be Single Prime. A general description of the work includes:
- Provide all equipment, materials, labor, and incidentals for a 2.5 MGD expansion of the Northeast Brunswick Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant located on Royster Road in Leland, Brunswick County, NC.
Pre-Bid Meeting: An open pre-bid meeting will be held for all prequalified bidders and vendors at the Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center at a date and time to be determined later. Directions are as follows: From Wilmington follow US 17 towards Supply. Turn right onto Hwy. 211 heading toward Bolton. In approximately one mile, turn right onto Grey Water Road (beside athletic park). Utilities Operations Center is on the right at the end of Grey Water Road.
Bid Submittal: Sealed bids will be received at a date and time to be determined later in the office of the Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center from approved, prequalified contractors. Adjustments to the bid date and time shall be by addendum sent to approved, prequalified bidders.
Copies of the Prequalification Application and preliminary Construction Documents shall be available at the following location after May 30, 2019:
- Contact: Anthony W. Boahn, PE
McKim & Creed, Inc.
243 N. Front Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
The Prequalification Application is available at the following locations during normal business hours:
- • Carolinas A.G.C. Digital Plan Room online www.cagc.org on IBuild®
• CDC News Office online www.cdcnews.com
• McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Digital Plan Room online www.dodge.construction.com/plans
• Construction Market Data online www.cmdgroup.com
• Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas online www.hcacarolinas.org
• Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. business days)
• McKim & Creed, Inc., 243 N. Front Street, Wilmington, NC 28401
Brunswick County reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all bid proposals. A 5% bid bond or deposit is required with the bid only. Brunswick County has implemented a Minority Business Enterprise Policy that requires contractors to exhibit a good-faith effort during the bid phase to contact minority business subcontractors whose work on the project would represent 10% of the total value of the work. Contractors must be properly licensed. Additional instructions to bidders shall be included in the Contract Documents. Bonds and MBE documentation are not required with the Prequalification Application.