Brunswick County is again prequalifying applicants as General Contractors (hereinafter “GC”) for the Brunswick County Northwest Water Treatment Plant Expansion and Upgrades (hereinafter “Project”). The Project is currently open for bid with the bid date rescheduled for March 5, 2020. Notice of Award is anticipated to be issued April 20, 2020, with the Notice to Proceed to be issued in early May 2020. The prequalified GCs listed in the original construction bid are not required to complete the prequalification process again.
Brunswick County is requesting Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) from qualified GCs for the construction of conventional water treatment plant expansion from 24 mgd to 45 mgd. The Project cost is approximately $110 million and will include gravity filter expansions, clarifier upgrades, low pressure reverse osmosis, new chlorine gas facilities, residuals treatment modifications, process buildings, ancillary infrastructure improvements and miscellaneous chemical improvements.
The “Request for Qualifications Package,” including application and instructions, is available at the following locations during normal business hours:
• Carolinas A.G.C. Digital Plan Room online www.cagc.org on IBuild®
• CDC News Office online www.cdcnews.com
• McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Digital Plan Room online www.dodge.construction.com/plans
• Construction Market Data online www.cmdgroup.com
• Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas online www.hcacarolinas.org
• Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. business days)
The deadline for submission of an SOQ is 4:30 p.m. (local time) January 7, 2020.