Brunswick County is prequalifying applicants as General Contractors (hereinafter “GC”) for an upcoming project anticipated to be advertised in fourth quarter 2019 with a notice to proceed anticipated in first quarter 2020 – Brunswick County NWTP Expansion and Upgrades (hereinafter “Project”).
Brunswick County is requesting Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) from qualified GCs for the construction of conventional water treatment plant expansion from 24 mgd to 45 mgd. The project cost is approximately $110 million and will include gravity filter expansions, clarifier upgrades, low pressure reverse osmosis, new chlorine gas facilities, residuals treatment modifications, new process buildings, ancillary infrastructure improvements and miscellaneous chemical improvements.
Contractors interested in being considered as the GC for this work should attend a prequalification meeting August 29, 2019, 1:30 p.m., at the Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center, 250 Grey Water Road NE, Supply, NC 28462.
The “Request for Qualifications Package”, including application and instructions, is available at the following locations during normal business hours:
- Carolinas A.G.C. Digital Plan Room online www.cagc.org on IBuild®
- CDC News Office online www.cdcnews.com
- McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Digital Plan Room online www.dodge.construction.com/plans
- Construction Market Data online www.cmdgroup.com
- Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas online www.hcacarolinas.org
- Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. business days)
The deadline for submission of an SOQ is September 19, 2019.