Outstanding Volunteers in Brunswick County Are Recognized with 2020 Governor’s Volunteer Service Awards
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The North Carolina Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service has presented the 2020 Governor’s Volunteer Service Award to 10 recipients from Brunswick County. Award recipients are:
- James McAdams – Belville Elementary School (Brunswick County’s nominee for the Governor’s Medallion Award)
- Arlett Aleshire and Lauren Gore – Brunswick County 4-H Club Leaders
- Ann Hollingsworth – Dosher Memorial Hospital Volunteers
- Dosher Memorial Hospital Volunteers
- Eunice Diehl – Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc.
- John Bodie – Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc.
- Nick Micale – Lower Cape Fear Life Care
- Sherry Ross – Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc.
- Sacred Heart Volunteers for W.A.R.M
- Roy “Red” Martin – Southport Fire Department
The Governor’s Volunteer Service Award honors people who have shown concern and compassion for their neighbors by making a significant contribution to their community through volunteer service. The award was created in the Office of the Governor in 1979.
Volunteer nominees are accepted by the Governor’s Office through an official process and made by a Designated Coordinator. If you/your organization would like to nominate a volunteer for the 2021 Governor’s Volunteer Service Award CLICK HERE to access the online nomination form and/or a downloadable form.
Nominations submitted online are received by the Governor’s Office, which will forward nominees to our local Designated Coordinator for review and consideration for official nomination. Contact Leslie Stanley, Non-Profit & Volunteer Coordinator for Brunswick County/Designated Coordinator, for more information at 910-253-2589 or email@example.com.
The deadline for 2021 nominations is midnight on Jan. 22, 2021.
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at 910.253.2995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individuals can sign up to receive email updates about Board of Commissioners meetings and more via our Sunshine List. Subscribe at http://brunswickcountync.gov/info/email/
- Follow Brunswick County on social media: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/info/social/
County Contact Information & Virtual Services During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Brunswick County is urging individuals to visit our website and to call or email county departments for assistance first before visiting county offices. The County now requires appointments for in-person visits.
Not sure who to contact? Call our main line and we can help direct your calls.
- Main County Contact Information: 910.253.2000 / 800.442.7033