Brunswick County Planning
Details concerning adjusted operations due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- The Planning Team is available to assist for your planning and zoning-related needs. We encouraged you to reach out to us at 910-253-2025 for assistance remotely via phone, email, or online. Until further notice, Planning will accept In-person visits by appointment.
- For plat review and approval, we encourage you to reach out to us at 910-253-2025 for assistance. Planning will accept In-person visits by appointment for plat review.
- For the processing of permit applications, we encourage you to use the Code Administration webpage for submitting permit applications: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/code-administration/permits/
- The Community Enforcement Team is available to assist for your solid waste and zoning enforcement needs. We encouraged you to reach out at 910-253-2200 to us for assistance remotely via phone, email, or online. Until further notice, Community Enforcement will accept In-person visits by appointment. To report a solid waste and zoning complaint, we encourage you to use the online report form: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/planning/violation/
- The Planning Board Meeting that was scheduled for tonight (July 13, 2020) at 6pm is CANCELLED. All items scheduled will be forwarded to the next Planning Board on August 10, 2020.
Welcome to Brunswick County Planning! Brunswick County Planning provides public planning services to the unincorporated areas of Brunswick County that are outside municipalities’ planning jurisdictions. Functions of the department includes but limited to zoning, subdivision of land, long-range planning, transportation planning, specialized planning projects, Minor CAMA Permits as well as providing support to the Brunswick County Planning Board, the Brunswick County Board of Adjustment, and the Brunswick County Technical Review Committee (TRC). Planning facilitates various land development projects as well as provides recommendations on policy and regulatory ordinances to the Board of Commissioners, Planning Board, and Board of Adjustment.
Contact the Brunswick County Planning for help you with your land development project, determine the zoning of property you own or wish to buy, and provide demographic information such as population trends.