Site Plan Guide
So you have to submit a site plan. This is a general outline and guide to preparing a site plan in Brunswick County. The purpose of a site plan is to present a detailed illustration of improvements and property layout to provide clear understanding of how the property will be improved or altered.
- Draw property lines and/or dimensions. A site drawing must show the entire parcel regardless of number of acres. (The deed or plat can be obtained at the Register Of Deeds).
- Write in the size of the new structure (include length and width).
- Show all existing structures and the size of the structures.
- If there is an existing septic system, show the distance from the structure and where it is located on the lot. Show the proposed area for the new septic system.
- Draw the location of the driveway.
- Show distances from the property lines to the structure(s).
- Show where existing wells are located and/or the location of new wells. Also, show the location of well(s) on adjoining lots.
- Show the name of the street and/or road to the property (see GIS for information, if necessary).