Wilmington Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization: CAPE FEAR NAVIGATING CHANGE 2050 TRANSPORTATION PLAN PUBLIC INPUT OPPORTUNITY
The Wilmington Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (WMPO) is creating a long-range metropolitan transportation plan, Cape Fear Navigating Change 2050, which will identify transportation needs for the region over the next 25 years. The plan will include an evaluation of potential roadway, rail, freight, bus, ferry, aviation, bicycle, and pedestrian projects for the Wilmington metropolitan area, which includes New Hanover County and parts of Brunswick and Pender Counties.
Citizens can provide their transportation needs and ideas by visiting WMPO.ORG to fill out a survey in English or Spanish and pinpoint trouble spots on an interactive map. The survey and map will be available until November 30, 2023.
Citizens can also attend a meeting of a local governing board where WMPO staff will give a presentation about the Cape Fear Navigating Change 2050 plan. The presentation meeting schedule is as follows:
- New Hanover County- Monday, October 16, 2023, at 9:00 AM
- City of Wilmington- Tuesday, October 17, 2023, at 6:30 PM
- Wrightsville Beach- Thursday, October 12, 2023, at 5:30 PM
- Carolina Beach- Tuesday, October 10, 2023, at 6:00 PM
- Kure Beach- Monday, October 16, 2023, at 6:00 PM
- Leland- Thursday, October 19, 2023, at 6:00 PM
- Belville- Monday, October 23, 2023, at 6:30 PM
- Pender County- Monday, October 2, 2023, at 4:00 PM
- Presentations will also be provided for the governing boards of Brunswick County and Navassa. Dates TBD.
Cape Fear Navigating Change 2050 will be the plan used by federal, state, and local governments to guide transportation projects in our region over the next 25 years. A long-range metropolitan transportation plan for the region is federally required and must updated every five years. Please visit WMPO.ORG for more information about the Cape Fear Navigating Change 2050 plan.