Click HERE to view entire RFP packet
Brunswick County is seeking sealed proposals from qualified entities to perform landscape maintenance consisting of mowing, trimming, weeding flower beds, and edging of various locations throughout Brunswick County.
Brunswick County has established the following objectives for this project. Any changes to the specifications or Scope of Work will be made in the form of an Addendum to this Request for Proposals and will be supplied to all known prospective contractors and posted on the Brunswick County website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, contractors will be responsible for ensuring that they have all addenda. Brunswick County may negotiate and refine the final Scope of Work with the selected contractor. Brunswick County reserves the right to negotiate additional services with the selected contractor at any time after the initial contract award.
Contractor shall perform lawn maintenance and flower bed services if applicable at various locations throughout Brunswick County, as more particularly set forth in Appendix A attached hereto and incorporated herein by reference. Contractor shall also trim closely around vaults, pipes, fences, and other structures. Each maintenance cycle includes, without limitation, removing any litter or debris from all outside areas (including parking lots and storm drains), mowing, weed eating, edging, blowing off sidewalks or walkways, and removing any weeds or grass from flower beds if present. Flower bed preparation shall also be performed during the requested months for services. Flower bed preparation includes, without limitation, removal of debris or dead vegetation, raking, pruning, and mulching. The contractor shall provide all personnel, equipment and other resources to accomplish the tasks and shall be responsible for all costs associated with same. The selected contractor shall conduct each maintenance cycle in one continuous effort per location. Each location will be maintained once every two (2) weeks or twice per month beginning in April through September. During the other months, maintenance services may be requested on an “as- needed” basis.
The application of herbicides may be done in each maintenance cycle but be used only along the property perimeter to keep facilities free of vines, tall weeds, and tree saplings. The application of herbicides shall be done only in areas where it will not induce erosion such as hillsides, slopes, or steep grades. Contractor shall comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations for the use of herbicides. Contractor shall also obtain and maintain all licenses and certifications as may be required for the use and application of herbicides. When requested by County, contractor shall promptly provide County with Material Safety Data Sheets for any herbicide used on County property.
The contractor shall begin performing all services within ten (10) days of full execution of the contract, if awarded. Once the selected contractor commences work, each maintenance cycle must be completed in one (1) continuous effort until the location is completely and neatly mowed to a uniform maximum height not greater than four (4) inches for all vegetation. The selected contractor shall be required to work around certain obstacles within property infrastructure to include, without limitation, signposts, valve boxes, concrete vaults, ductile iron pipe, and bollards. mailboxes, and other associated equipment that may be present.
All proposals must be sealed and received by Brunswick County no later than August 14, 2023, at 3:00 pm ET.
All proposals must include the following:
- The proposal title and due date and time.
- A cover letter/letter of intent on contractor’s letterhead, signed by an authorized representative of contractor, expressly agreeing to Brunswick County’s terms and conditions contained in this Request for Proposals and its attachments.
- The contractor’s name or company name, address and telephone number.
- The name, address and telephone number of company representatives with the authority to answer questions or provide clarification regarding the proposal’s contents.
- A list of key personnel to be assigned to perform the services and each person’s qualifications. Personnel should possess relevant and diverse knowledge and expertise in their respective fields.
- The names of any and all subcontractors expected to perform services in connection with the project and their qualifications. Include the estimated percentage of work that each subcontractor is expected to perform. Brunswick County reserves the right to accept or reject any proposed subcontractor.
- A detailed Form of Proposal in substantially the form attached hereto and incorporated herein by reference.
- A full description of services and processes that will be implemented and ongoing to complete the project in the most efficient, timely and comprehensive manner. The description should include a detailed implementation plan and project schedule outlining the primary tasks, estimated hours, responsibility, major deliverables and timing, including an estimated start date. Additional project deliverables are set forth below.
- Any assistance requirements from Brunswick County.
- A detailed company description and history, including the areas of expertise related to the project. Contractors must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in grounds maintenance.
- A reference list of at least three (3) current projects or projects completed within the past twenty-four (24) months for projects of similar size and scope, including the name and telephone number of a contract person for each reference listed.
- Certificate of Insurance as evidence that contractor meets the County’s Minimum Insurance Requirements attached hereto.
Contractors shall provide documentation sufficient to clearly demonstrate that their firm meets or exceeds the requirements set forth in this Request for Proposals. Failure to provide such documentation may result in the proposal being deemed non-responsive.
In addition to the foregoing, Brunswick County reserves the right to request financial information for any contractor, in order to support the viability of the contractor.
Those interested should submit one (1) hard copy of the sealed proposal. Sealed proposals may only be mailed or hand delivered to the following:
Brunswick County Public Utilities
ATTN: Trent Murphy
P.O. Box 249
Bolivia NC 28422
Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center
ATTN: Trent Murphy
250 Grey Water Road
Supply, NC 28462
Sealed proposals must be received no later than 3:00 pm ET on August 14, 2023. Brunswick County will not be responsible for the failure of any mail or delivery service to deliver a proposal prior to the stated date and time. Regardless of the manner of submission, any proposal received after the stated date and time will not be considered. Incomplete proposals or proposals inconsistent with the required format may be disqualified from consideration.