RELEASE DATE: October 16, 2018
DUE DATE: 5:00 P.M., FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2018
Brunswick County is soliciting proposals for a unit cost contract from qualified vendors to provide FEMA Public Assistance Program Consulting services in the recovery efforts associated with Hurricane Florence. The selected vendor shall assist Brunswick County in establishing and implementing an assistance program that complies with all FEMA regulations.
Brunswick County has established the following objectives for this project:
- Advise County of all available federal and state assistance available, including but not limited to FEMA
- Advise and develop methods to maximize federal and state assistance
- Provide oversight and advice to County relative to Hazard Mitigation
- Coordinate and develop all project work sheets as required
- Enter all project worksheets and associated documentation into the FEMA Grants Portal
- Provide guidelines for Brunswick County staff to submit existing documents to best suit the documentation requirements of FEMA and other federal and state agencies
- Assist to resolve Insurance and possible duplication of funding issues
- Assist in getting the necessary legal documents for proper filing
- Advise Brunswick County on document retention strategies
- Coordinate with Brunswick County staff to obtain all cost and necessary backup documentation to develop, revise and submit Project worksheets
- Coordinate with FEMA and other agency representatives to provide additional information needed to quickly process worksheets
- Track status of FEMA and other agency reimbursement and serve as a co-liaison between FEMA/other agencies and Brunswick County
- Prepare the necessary reports to FEMA/other agencies and assist Brunswick County with extension requests
- Advise Brunswick County on the management of the closeout process
- Assist Brunswick County in responding to Request for Information requests from FEMA/other agencies
- Advise Brunswick County on handling disputed issues with FEMA/other agencies and State Staff
- Provide detailed and periodic management reports on the status of Project Worksheets including developments, revisions, submissions/approvals, open issues, financial overview, etc.
- Provide Cash Management reports showing the projected schedule for reimbursement requests and the actual status of reimbursements received
- Provide Brunswick County accurate and current analysis on FEMA/other agencies regulations and best strategies for seeking reimbursements and possible grants
PROPOSAL DUE DATE AND TIME/SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Brunswick County shall accept proposals until 5:00 p.m., Friday, November 2, 2018 in the Emergency Services Department, 3325 Old Ocean Highway, Bolivia NC 28422.
- Bidders shall plainly mark the proposals with the following information: Bidder’s name and address, bid title and bid due date and time.
- Proposals may be mailed, delivered in person, or by express mail to the Brunswick County Emergency Services, Attention: Brian Watts, Emergency Services Director, 3325 Old Ocean Highway, PO Box 249, Bolivia NC 28422. Electronic (e- mail) proposals will be also be accepted. E-mail proposals shall be submitted email@example.com.
- Regardless of the manner of submission by the bidder, no proposal received after the stated date and time will be considered.
Questions regarding this Request for Proposal shall be submitted in writing to the attention of Steve Stone, Deputy County Manager by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, October 29, 2018. Questions, and their corresponding answers, will be provided to all vendors.