Brunswick County is requesting qualifications statements from qualified engineering, environmental, and water resource firms to conduct a comprehensive Risk and Resiliency Assessment and revision to the existing Emergency Response Plan. Firms interested in being considered for this work should submit their qualifications to:
Post Office Delivery
Water Resources Manager
Brunswick County Public Utilities
P. O. Box 249
Bolivia, NC 28422
Alternate Shipping Service or Hand Delivery
Water Resources Manager
Utilities Operations Center
250 Grey Water Road NE
Supply, NC 28462
For consideration, five (5) copies of the response to this request for qualifications must be submitted to the County by close of business (4:30 p.m.) on September 6, 2019. Brunswick County will not be responsible for the failure of any mail or delivery service to deliver responses prior to the stated date and time. Regardless of the manner of submission, any response received after the stated date and time will not be considered. Incomplete responses or responses inconsistent with the required format may be disqualified from consideration.
Sections shall be divided by tabs that indicate the title of each section. At a minimum, the qualifications should include the following information:
- Qualifications of the employees who will be assigned to the project. The project manager and other key team members should be clearly identified. If subcontractors are to be used for any portion of the work, they should be identified, and their qualifications included.
- Experience on similar projects. The qualification statement should include a description and contact person for projects that were similar in size and scope as this project.
- A project schedule for design through completion of construction including key milestones should be included. The project schedule should start from the Notice to Proceed and include two-week review times for County staff reviews. A project schedule will be included in the contract for this work.
- A brief description of the project approach to be used by the firm should be included.
- A brief discussion of the firm’s ability to properly scope the project should be included. This includes an estimate of man-hours required to complete the various components of the project. Man-hour estimates should be broken down by tasks with separate columns for labor classifications. Each task shall be subtotaled in addition to project totals.
Brunswick County reserves the right to request financial information for any firm in order to support the viability of the firm.
Brunswick County reserves the right to refuse or reject any or all qualifications and to waive any and all formalities, irregularities or technicalities. Brunswick County reserves the right to select the firm that best meets its needs and negotiate a final Scope of Work that reflects the work to be done and the budget constraints. Based upon the number of proposals received, the County may subsequently request oral presentations as a part of the selection process. All firms submitting a qualification statement will receive notification once the contract has been awarded.
A more detailed description of the work to be performed is contained in the attached Scope of Work. Firms submitting qualification statements should use the attached scope as a guide but may develop their own Scope of Work based upon their experiences on similar projects. The County will negotiate and refine a final Scope of Work with the selected firm. The firm’s final contract shall be based on a lump sum amount, inclusive of permit application fees and other expenses (printing, mileage, per diem, etc.). No additional compensation shall be made for reimbursable items.
Brunswick County will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any firm in submitting a response. Brunswick County reserves the right to cancel the work described herein prior to the issuance and acceptance of any contractual agreement even if the Board of Commissioners has formally accepted the recommendation.
In addition to the terms and conditions contained in this Request for Qualifications, by submitting a response, if selected, the firm agrees to be entered into and be bound by the provisions of a Services Agreement in substantially the form attached hereto and incorporated herein by reference. To the extent that any of the terms of this Request for Qualifications and the terms of the Services Agreement conflict, then the terms of the Services Agreement shall prevail. No work shall commence until an agreement has been fully executed by the parties.
If you have any questions, please call us at (910) 371-3490.
Water Resources Manager