Click on Supporting Documents Below:
Brunswick County (“County” or “Owner”) is requesting qualifications statements from qualified architectural and engineering firms for the services associated with design of an expansion to the Utilities Operations Center Building located at 250 Grey Water Road NE, Supply, NC 28462 (the “Project”). The Brunswick County Utilities Operations Center was completed in 2010, and the design of the Center included future building expansion areas. Based on growth of the utility, Brunswick County desires to expand the existing metal building into one of these areas. It is estimated that the expansion space will be approximately 4,000 to 5,000 sf and will include, without limitation, office space, restroom facilities, meeting space, and an open common area that may contain office cubicles, meeting tables, etc.
The current building, site, and as-built drawings may be viewed/visited by appointment only, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM ET. Please contact Paul Biagiotti to schedule an appointment.
Firms interested in being considered for this work should submit a Statement of Qualifications to:
Post Office Delivery
Brunswick County Public Utilities
P. O. Box 249
Bolivia, NC 28422
Hand Delivery of Alternate Shipping Service
Utilities Operations Center
250 Grey Water Road NE
Supply, NC 28462
For consideration, five (5) copies of the response to this request for qualifications must be received by the County by 4:30 PM ET on August 13, 2021. Brunswick County will not be responsible for the failure of any mail or delivery service to deliver responses prior to the stated date and time. Regardless of the manner of submission, any response received after the stated date and time will not be considered. Incomplete responses or responses inconsistent with the required format may be disqualified from consideration.
All questions or comments shall be submitted in writing to Paul Biagiotti at email@example.com by 4:00 PM ET on August 4, 2021. A copy of all questions, answers, and further clarifications will be made in the form of an addendum to this Request for Qualifications and will be provided to all known interested firms and posted on the County’s website. Firms should check the County’s website to ensure they have all addenda.
Sections shall be divided by tabs that indicate the title of each section. At a minimum, the Statement of Qualifications should include the following information:
- Company information. The company’s full legal name and principal office location
- Qualifications of the employees who will be assigned to the Project. The Project Manager and other key team members should be clearly identified. If subconsultants are to be used for any portion of the work, they should be identified, and their qualifications included
- Experience on similar projects. The Statement of Qualifications should include a description and contact person for projects that were similar in size and scope as this Project
- A Project schedule for design through completion of construction including key milestones should be included. The Project schedule should start from the Notice to Proceed and include, at minimum, one-week intervals for County staff reviews. A Project schedule will be included in the contract for this work
- A brief description of the Project approach to be used by the firm should be included
- A brief discussion of the firm’s ability to properly scope the Project should be included. This includes an estimate of man-hours required to complete the various components of the Project Man-hour estimates should be broken down by tasks with separate columns for labor classifications. Each task shall be subtotaled in addition to Project totals
Brunswick County reserves the right to request financial information for any firm in order to support the viability of the firm.
Brunswick County reserves the right to refuse or reject any or all qualifications and to waive any and all formalities, irregularities or technicalities. Brunswick County reserves the right to select the firm that best meets its needs and negotiate a final Scope of Work that reflects the work to be done and the budget constraints. Based upon the number of Statements of Qualifications received, the County may subsequently request oral presentations as a part of the selection process. All firms submitting a Statement of Qualifications will receive notification once the contract has been awarded.
A more detailed description of the work to be performed is contained in the enclosed Scope of Work. Firms submitting a Statement of Qualifications should use the enclosed scope as a guide but may develop their own Scope of Work based upon their experiences on similar projects. The County will negotiate and refine a final Scope of Work with the selected firm. The firm’s final contract shall be based on a lump sum amount, inclusive of permit application fees and other expenses (printing, mileage, per diem, etc.). No additional compensation shall be made for reimbursable items.
Statements of Qualifications will be evaluated on the firm’s ability to meet the requirements of this Request for Qualifications. Evaluation criteria will include, without limitation:
- The firm’s experience in providing similar services for similar projects
- Qualifications and accessibility of key individuals identified in the qualifications statement that will be assigned to the Project
- Capability of firm to manage the work
- Ability to meet established schedules
- Ability to deliver within budget
Brunswick County will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any firm in submitting a Statement of Qualifications. Brunswick County reserves the right to cancel the work described herein prior to the issuance and acceptance of any contractual agreement even if the Board of Commissioners has formally accepted the recommendation.
In addition to the terms and conditions contained in this Request for Qualifications, by submitting a response, if selected, the firm agrees to enter into and be bound by the provisions of a Professional Services Agreement in substantially the form attached hereto and incorporated herein by reference. To the extent that any of the terms of this Request for Qualifications and the terms of the Professional Services Agreement conflict, then the terms of the Professional Services Agreement shall prevail. No work shall commence until an agreement has been fully executed by the parties.
If you have any questions, please contact Paul Biagiotti at firstname.lastname@example.org