Brunswick County invites non-profits to submit proposals for ARPA Non-profit Community Assistance Funding opportunity
Non-profit organizations operating in Brunswick County are invited to request support for eligible projects through the County’s Non-profit Community Assistance Funding opportunity. Interested organizations can view the full request for proposals with instructions, qualifications, and requirements at brunswickcountync.gov/rfp-non-profit-community-assistance-funding.
As part of its adopted funding plan, the Board of Commissioners have allocated $750,000 from the County’s American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) allotment to support non-profit organizations with projects and programs that help the County and residents continue to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic or provide or enhance a public purpose the County does not currently offer.
Submissions will be evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis. The requests for proposal seek projects from qualifying non-profit organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Are located in Brunswick County
- Provide a public purpose (as authorized by the NC General Statutes)
- Support equitable outcomes and are available to all eligible county residents
- Make the best use of one-time project funds (funding should not be used for operating expenses such as salaries, utilities, etc.)
- Can show the organization has the staffing and financial capabilities to implement the project (funding made on a reimbursable basis)
- Aids the organization in its continued recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, or addresses community challenges through improved service delivery
Additional weight will be given to projects that align with any of the five Goal/Focus Areas and initiatives in the County’s FY23-27 Strategic Plan. Proposed projects should also follow the federal government’s ARPA guiding principles.
There is no minimum or maximum amount of funding a qualifying organization can request, but any funding awarded may be less than the amount requested depending upon the number and type of responses the County receives. Submitting a proposal does not guarantee the organization will receive funding.
Attend the Informal Virtual Workshop on March 31
Brunswick County will hold an informal virtual information workshop on Zoom for interested non-profit organizations to learn more about this opportunity.
Participants can register for the workshop via the link below to receive an invitation to the meeting with the Zoom link and phone line information. Email email@example.com if you have any issues registering.
Non-Profit Community Assistance Virtual Workshop
- Date and Time: Friday, March 31 at 1 p.m.
- Register for Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZElfuirqD4oEtA0e2QekAomECvvJFJglk0A
Non-profit organizations should direct all questions regarding this request for proposals to Grant Manager Jackson Jordan at 910-253-1708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of questions, further clarifications, and answers will be made in the form of an addendum to this request for proposals, which will be posted on the Brunswick County website at brunswickcountync.gov/rfp-non-profit-community-assistance-funding.
Organizations should review all addenda prior to submitting a proposal.