Request for Qualifications
Brunswick County Complex Site and Space Needs Study
Brunswick County is in the southeastern corner of the state in the coastal plain region. The county is primarily rural in nature, has nineteen municipalities located within the county, and has experienced high growth in the past several years. The population is a growing and diverse mixture including local, seasonal, and elderly residents.
County departments are located at the government complex on a one hundred- and thirty-seven-acre parcel on Old Ocean Highway in Bolivia. At this location are County Administration, Courthouse, E911 Communications, Sheriff’s Office, Detention Center, Emergency Services / Emergency Operations Center, Health and Human Services, Cooperative Extension, County School Board, County Schools Bus Garage and Maintenance, and many others. The complex provides a central location where citizens can interact with many county departments and agencies in one visit.
Due to the age and increasing maintenance of some of the county buildings, along with the growth in required services to meet the needs of a growing population, the county has decided to study the government complex in order to produce a site master plan and building space needs study. This document will provide guidance for future new construction, building remodeling, parking, and the most efficient use of the existing building and office spaces in order to provide needed services and programs.
We are seeking qualifications from firms with experience in site and space planning needs analysis.
Proposals must include the following information:
- Key principal and associate staff; identification of any associate firms and their key principal and associate staff and responsibilities, identification of Team Project Manager
- Project Team organizational chart
- Firm history and statement of qualifications
- Detailed resumes of the project team and relevant project experience
- Client references from similar projects including telephone number and email contact
- Description of the anticipated project approach including proposed project schedule
If interested please submit a minimum of five copies of your submittal by 5:00pm on July 22, 2020 to:
William L. Pinnix, P.E.
Director of Engineering
Post Office Box 249
75 Courthouse Drive / Building I
Bolivia, North Carolina 28422
Brunswick County reserves the right to select the firm that best meets the needs of the County with regards to this project.