Brunswick County is requesting qualifications statements from qualified engineering or architectural firms for engineering and design services for the roof upgrades at the Calabash Senior Center located at 10050 Beach Drive, Calabash, NC 28467.
Services will include, but not be limited to, professional engineering and design services for roof and drainage design, plans, job-cost estimate, and job oversight.
Click here for a more detailed description of the work to be performed.
Firms submitting qualifications statements should use the attached Scope of Work as a guide but may develop their own scope based upon their experiences on similar projects. The County will negotiate and refine a final Scope of Work with the selected firm. The firm’s final contract shall be based on a lump sum amount, inclusive of permit application fees and other expenses (printing, mileage, per diem, etc.). No additional compensation shall be made for reimbursable items.
Firms interested in being considered for this work should submit their qualifications statement to:
Post Office, Delivery Hand Delivery or Alternate Shipping Service
Brunswick County Operation Services
P. O. Box 249 /179 March 9, 1764 Drive
Bolivia, NC 28422
For consideration, three (3) hard copies and one (1) electronic copy on a USB drive of the response to this Request for Qualifications must be received by the County by 4:30 p.m. ET on June 14, 2023. Brunswick County will not be responsible for the failure of any mail or delivery service to deliver responses prior to the stated date and time. Regardless of the manner of submission, any response received after the stated date and time will not be considered. Incomplete responses or responses inconsistent with the required format may be disqualified from consideration.
Sections shall be divided by tabs that indicate the title of each section. At a minimum, the qualifications statement should include the following information:
1) The company’s full legal name, primary office location, office location of project personnel, years of experience, and a contact person.
2) Qualifications of the employees who will be assigned to the project: The project manager and other key team members should be clearly identified. If subcontractors are to be used for any portion of the work, they should be identified, and their qualifications included. Brunswick County reserves the right to reject any subcontractors in its sole and absolute discretion.
a) The qualifications statement shall clearly indicate who will oversee the project as well as the roles that each individual shall perform.
b) Special emphasis shall be provided on the individuals’ backgrounds, qualifications, certifications, and experience on related and or similar projects.
3) Experience on at least three (3) similar projects: The qualifications statement should include a description and contact person for projects that were similar in size and scope as this project.
a) For each project experience listed, list the role played by each of the current team members.
4) A project schedule including key milestones should be included. The project schedule should start from the Notice to Proceed and include two-week review times for County staff reviews. A project schedule will be included in the contract for this work.
5) A brief description of the project approach to be used by the firm should be included.
a) In the firm’s own words, describe the understanding of the project, the requirements of the project, the challenges associated with the project, the approach to handling the project challenges, and the anticipated outcome of the project.
b) List all assumptions made in preparing the project approach.
c) Discuss any additions, deletions, or changes to the Scope of Work which may improve the project. Discuss how these changes will affect the associated resources and schedule.
6) A brief discussion of the firm’s ability to properly scope the project should be included. This includes an estimate of man-hours required to complete the various components of the project. Man-hour estimates should be broken down by tasks with separate columns for labor classifications. Each task shall be subtotaled in addition to project totals.
Brunswick County reserves the right to request financial information for any firm in order to support the viability of the firm.
Brunswick County reserves the right to refuse or reject any or all qualifications and to waive any and all formalities, irregularities, or technicalities. Brunswick County reserves the right to select the firm that best meets its needs and negotiate a final Scope of Work that reflects the work to be done and the
budget constraints. Based upon the number of qualifications statements received, the County may subsequently request oral presentations as a part of the selection process. All firms submitting a qualifications statement will receive notification once the contract has been awarded.
Statements of Qualifications will be evaluated on the firm’s ability to meet the requirements of this Request for Qualifications. Evaluation criteria will include, without limitation:
1. The firm’s experience in providing similar services for similar projects.
2. Qualifications and accessibility of key individuals identified in the qualifications statement that will be assigned to the project.
3. Capability of firm to manage the work.
4. Ability to meet established schedules.
5. Ability to deliver within budget.
6. Qualifications statement appearance and presentation.
Brunswick County will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any firm in submitting a response. Brunswick County reserves the right to cancel the work described herein prior to the issuance and acceptance of any contractual agreement even if the Board of Commissioners has formally accepted the recommendation.
In addition to the terms and conditions contained in this Request for Qualifications, by submitting a response, if selected, the firm agrees to enter into and be bound by the provisions of a Professional Services Agreement in substantially the form attached hereto and incorporated herein by reference. To the extent that any of the terms of this Request for Qualifications and the terms of the Professional Services Agreement conflict, the terms of the Professional Services Agreement shall prevail. No work shall commence until an agreement has been fully executed by the parties.
Any questions or comments shall be submitted to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. ET on June 2, 2023. A copy of all questions, further clarifications, and answers will be made in the form of an addendum to this Request for Qualifications and will be provided to all known interested firms. Any addendum will also be posted to the County website. Notwithstanding the forgoing, firms will be responsible for ensuring that they have all addenda.
Assistant Director of Operations