Tax Foreclosure Properties
The properties listed at the bottom of this page are scheduled for sale at the next Brunswick County Property Tax Foreclosure Auction due to unpaid property taxes.
Please make yourself familiar with all of the information below if you are interested in purchasing one of the properties listed:
- Location – To bid you must attend the auction at the Courthouse. Each Tax Foreclosure Auction takes place on the steps of the Brunswick County Courthouse in Bolivia, NC, rain or shine.
- Bidding Responsibility – Pursuant to state law, when bidding at a public sale, bidders become personally liable and responsible for their bids. The County does not guarantee or provide any warranty and will not overturn a sale and refund the purchase price or deposit because a bidder did not know what they were bidding on. It is the buyer’s responsibility to investigate the property prior to bidding. All sales are final.
- Winning Bids/Deposit – All bidders must be prepared to pay a 5% deposit immediately upon the conclusion of the auction by cash, certified bank check, bank cashier’s check or money order. Personal checks will not be accepted. Brunswick County does not offer financing.
- Failed Bids – If a bidder fails to follow through with their winning bid, the bidder will forfeit the deposit and the property will be resold. If the next bid is less than the original winning bid, a default judgment will be entered against the defaulting bidder for the loss. Defaulting bidders may be barred from making subsequent bids at any foreclosure sale conducted by Brunswick County.
- Upset Bids – Following the auction, there is a standard ten (10) day period, during which higher bids are accepted. The minimum upset bid must exceed the previous bid by 5% or $750 whichever is greater. Upset bids are paid to the Clerk of Court, Brunswick County Courthouse. All bids are subject to a 10 day upset period until such time as no higher bids are received.
- Payment – The winning bidder will have one week from notification in order to make full payment. They will receive a commissioner’s deed for the property. The winning bidder is responsible for recording the deed in the Brunswick County Register of Deeds.
The information posted here about any tax foreclosure sale property is for assistance only in this investigative process, and cannot and should not be relied upon solely by any bidder.
Current and Upcoming Sales
Note: All properties are sold in ‘as is’ condition. Interested parties are encouraged to research all properties thoroughly prior to sale and before bidding on a property.
Click here to view Legal Notices