Brunswick County reminds customers about adjusted solid waste and recycling schedules for Thanksgiving weekend (Nov. 28-30, 2019)
BOLIVIA, N.C. – Brunswick County government offices are closing Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29 to observe the Thanksgiving holiday. County libraries will also close Thursday, Nov. 28 through Saturday, Nov. 30.
To allow time for our team members to spend the holiday with their families, Brunswick County’s Solid Waste and Recycling division is operating under adjusted hours that differ from most observed holiday collection schedules. The adjusted schedules for Thanksgiving weekend are listed below.
- Customers with a Thursday collection day will not have collection Thursday. Place your carts at the curb Saturday, Nov. 30 by 6 a.m. for pick up.
- Customers with a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday curbside collection day will have normal collection service as usual. Place carts at the curb by 6 a.m. to ensure pick up.
Brunswick County Landfill (172 Landfill Road NE, Bolivia)
- Closed Thursday, Nov. 28
- Reopens with regular schedule Friday, Nov. 29
Convenience Centers (Various Locations)
- Closed Thursday, Nov. 28 and Friday, Nov. 29
- Reopen with regular schedules Saturday, Nov. 30
Customers with any questions about their collection day are encouraged to reach out to Waste Industries at 910.253.4177.
For further assistance, contact Brunswick County Operation Services at 910.253.2520 or email email@example.com
More details about waste and recycling services in Brunswick County is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/solid-waste-and-recycling/
If you have utility (water/sewer) emergencies afterhours or during county-observed holidays, call the following numbers for assistance:
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at 910.253.2995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org