DRINKING WATER WEEK MAY 2022
Join Brunswick County Public Utilities in cooperation with the American Water Works Association in this years celebration of Drinking Water Week.
For more than 40 years the American Water Works Association (AWWA) and its members have used Drinking Water Week as a unique opportunity for both water professionals and the communities they serve to recognize the vital role water plays in our daily lives.
During Drinking Water Week, Brunswick County is recognizing the different ways tap water is There When You Need It, the important role water plays in daily life, the infrastructure that is required to carry it to and from homes and businesses, and the critical work that water professionals accomplish around the clock to ensure the delivery of quality tap water.
Drinking Water Week is celebrated the first full week in May each year. This year, Drinking Water Week will be celebrated May 1-7, 2022. Next year’s celebrations will take place May 7-13, 2023.
What we’re doing to celebrate:
Public Utilities Staff
The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners unanimously resolved to recognize May 1-7, 2022, as Drinking Water Week during the Board of Commissioners meeting on April 18, 2022.
Water is Important Because Art Contest
Water is Important Because…
Art Contest for Students Grade 6-8 | Click HERE for more information.
Brunswick County Public Utilities in conjunction with AWWA (American Water Works Association) is excited to engage with our communities’ young ones in celebrating one of our most valuable resources – water.
Imagine a world without water; think of how drinking water affects our daily lives. Use your imagination to showcase how important water really is.
Three winners will be selected from each grade and will be submitted to AWWA for a chance to be featured in the national Drinking Water Week material.
- Deadline for entry is May 20, 2022.
- Any student in grades 6-8 may enter.
- Art must be hand-drawn or hand-painted on a paper/canvas surface. Addition of paper collage, fabric, yarn, etc. may be used as well.
- Students may submit more than one entry, but only one award will be given to any single entrant. Multiple winners will be awarded prizes in each category.
- Winners of the contest in each grade will receive art supplies and a gift card.
- Submitted original artwork must be at least 8 ½” by 11” in size in either landscape or portrait orientation. Artwork must be able to be easily hung on a wall.
- All original artwork must be accompanied by a signed image release form (attached). The entry form must be securely attached to the back of the original artwork.
- Entries may be submitted in person, mailed, or emailed to Brunswick County Public Utilities (see submission info below).
- Copyrighted characters, brand names, and logos may not be used.
- Student’s name should not appear on the front of the artwork.
Entries will be reviewed and judged within 3 separate grade level categories – grade 6, grade 7, and grade 8. Three winners will be awarded prizes in each category (1st, 2nd, 3rd places). Winners will be announced June 6, 2022.
All entries become the property of Brunswick County. Brunswick County:
- Is not responsible for lost or damage to entries;
- Reserves the right to display the entries in County facilities or elsewhere;
- Reserves the exclusive right to reproduce any entry in print, online, or through any media for promotional purposes without compensation to entrants;
- Reserves the right to announce the winners’ names for promotional purposes without compensations to entrants;
- Reserves the right to accept or refuse any submission for any reason including but not limited to incomplete entries or appropriateness of the submission.
Entries can be mailed to:
Brunswick County Government
Public Utilities Administrative
P.O. Box 249
Bolivia, NC 28422
Entries can be delivered to:
250 Grey Water Road
Supply, NC 28462
Entries can be e-mailed to:
Do you know the story of drinking water? Click here to learn more.
Want to learn how water is cleaned? Click here.
Want to help save water? The Water Page offers conservation tips for kids!
Water, Water, Everywhere! Coloring Page (Coloring fun from www.crayola.com)
Color by Letter! Coloring Pages (Coloring fun from www.canva.com)
Coloring Water! Coloring Pages (Coloring fun from www.canva.com)
Animals and Water! Coloring Pages (Coloring fun from www.canva.com)