Brunswick County reminds customers about office closures, adjusted solid waste and recycling schedules during Christmas holiday (Dec. 24-28), New Year’s Day (Jan. 1)
BOLIVIA, N.C. – Brunswick County government offices and county libraries are closing Thursday, Dec. 24 through Monday, Dec. 28 to observe the Christmas holiday and Friday, Jan. 1 to observe New Year’s Day.
Brunswick County’s Solid Waste and Recycling division is operating under adjusted hours during these holidays that differ from most observed holiday collection schedules. The adjusted schedules are listed below.
- Collections scheduled for Friday, Dec. 25 will be collected on Saturday, Dec. 26 instead. Place your carts at the curb Saturday, Dec. 26 by 6 a.m. for pick up.
- Customers with collections will have normal collection service as usual Thursday, Dec. 24, Monday, Dec. 28 and Friday, Jan. 1. Place carts at the curb Friday by 6 a.m. to ensure pick up.
Brunswick County Landfill (172 Landfill Road NE, Bolivia)
- Closed Thursday, Dec. 24 through Saturday, Dec. 26 and reopens Monday, Dec. 28 on regular schedule
- Closed Friday, Jan. 1 and reopens Saturday, Jan. 2 on regular schedule
Convenience Centers (Various Locations)
- Closed Friday, Dec. 25 and reopen Saturday, Dec. 26 on regular schedule
- Closed Friday, Jan. 1 and reopen Saturday, Jan. 2 on regular schedule
Customers with any questions about their collection day are encouraged to reach out to Waste Industries at 910.253.4177.
For further assistance, contact Brunswick County Operation Services at 910.253.2520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More details about waste and recycling services in Brunswick County is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/solid-waste-and-recycling/
If you have utility (water/sewer) emergencies afterhours or during county-observed holidays, call the following numbers for assistance:
Live Christmas Tree Recycling
The Brunswick County Landfill will accept live Christmas trees from county residents and property owners for recycling at no charge between Dec. 31, 2020, and Jan. 31, 2021. The convenience centers will also accept live Christmas trees for recycling during this time for $5 each.
Remember to remove all decorations and lights from the tree before bringing them to the landfill or a convenience center. Christmas string lights and cords are accepted all year at the landfill and convenience centers at no charge through the electronics recycling program.
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com
- Residents can find the latest information from the County at http://brunswickcountync.gov/news
- Individuals can also follow the County’s social media and sign up for emails on emergency updates at http://brunswickcountync.gov/info/email/
County Contact Information & Virtual Services During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Brunswick County is urging individuals to visit our website and to call or email county departments for assistance first before visiting county offices. The County requires appointments for in-person visits. Not sure who to contact? Call our main line and we can help direct your calls.
- Main County Contact Information: 910.253.2000 / 800.442.7033