Welcome to Brunswick County Emergency Management. We are committed to providing responsive, effective, and efficient services to the residents and visitors of Brunswick County. We provide fire department support operations, as well as emergency management and planning services for Brunswick County.
- Sign up for the Access and Functional/Special Medical Needs Registry
- Sign up for ReadyBrunswick emergency notifications via phone, email, and/or text message
Atlantic Hurricane Season: June 1 to November 30
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) makes predictions for hurricane season each year. However, disasters are not limited to hurricanes or a specific time of year. They can occur anytime, anywhere. Emergency personnel may not be immediately available if they are also impacted. What will you do until help arrives?
Everyone should have an emergency plan and be prepared to take care of themselves for at least the first 72 hours after a disaster. Remember, no two disasters are the same; the most effective way to protect you and your family is to be prepared.
The Brunswick County Emergency Management Department would like everyone to learn how to prepare their families, homes, and businesses for all types of emergencies (including natural and man-made disasters).
Four simple steps can help you get ready:
- Get a kit of emergency supplies.
- Make a plan of what you will do.
- Be informed about what might happen.
- Get involved in preparing your community
View more information about local hazards and threats.
Additional Preparedness Resources
- Do you live in a Flood Zone?
- Emergency Management Hurricane Preparedness Tips
- FEMA: How to Prepare for a Hurricane (PDF)
- Hurricane Cookbook
- NC Department of Public Safety: Hurricane Guide (PDF) | Guia Sobre Hurricanes (PDF)
- Ready.gov: Hurricanes