The voter registration deadline for the primary election is Friday, February 9. This is also the last day to make changes to your party affiliation.
Qualifications to Register to Vote in Brunswick County
To register to vote in Brunswick County, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of Brunswick County, North Carolina, for 30 days before the election in which you intend to vote
- Be 18 years of age or older by next general election day
- Not be serving a felony sentence, including any period of probation, post-release supervision, or parole.
How to Register
Register to Vote Online Through the DMV
If you are a DMV customer with an NC driver's license or DMV-issued ID, you may register to vote or change certain parts of your registration online. You may use this service to register, update your address, and update your party affiliation. You may not change your name. Register online.
Print a Voter Registration Form
Complete the Voter Registration Form (PDF) and return it to our office. If you are a new registrant in Brunswick County, we need the original form (sent via mail or drop off at our office). If you are already registered in Brunswick County and are making updates to your information, the form can be returned by email or fax.
Changes to My Registration
There are several ways an existing voter can make changes to their voter registration record.
- Address and party changes may be made online through the DMV.
- Make changes on your voter registration card and mail it back to our office.
- Complete a Voter Registration Application (PDF) and return it by mail, email, or fax.
Same Day Registration
If a Brunswick County resident misses the voter registration deadline, they may go to any early voting site to register and vote the same day. The individual will be required to provide acceptable proof of residence before they can become registered. Same-day registration is only available during early voting; it is not available on election day.
- Choosing Your Party Affiliation
- Hosting Voter Registration Drives
- Notification of Deceased Voter Form (PDF)
- Residency for Voting Purposes (PDF)
- Spanish Voter Registration Form (PDF)
- Voter Registration Cancellation Form (PDF)
- Voter Registration Lookup @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>